Welcome to Glastonbury Abbey, in Somerset
Visitor Attraction, Scheduled Ancient Monument and Church
- Romantic Ruins - Once the grandest and richest Abbey in England. A great Glastonbury experience awaits you here!
- Peaceful parkland - Such a special atmosphere within our 36 acres of Somerset parkland,
ponds, orchard and wildlife areas.
- History brought to life by our costumed guides - from March until October.
Hear tales of the past from monks, kitchen maids, pilgrims and even King Arthur's court!
- Legendary burial place of King Arthur - Was King Arthur and his Queen
Guinevere buried here? Our story starts in 1191.
- 2000 years of History and Mystery - Traditionally the earliest Christian sanctuary in Britain. Did
Joseph of Arimathea bring Jesus here?
- A place for all seasons! Snowdrops in winter; glorious daffodils in spring; Wildflowers in summer and
wonderful autumn tree colour.
- Outdoor Summer Cafe, the perfect place to relax and soak up the atmosphere of this historic site. Open May
until end of September.
- Retail therapy can be found in our excellent Gift Shop, well stocked
with unusual gifts and much, much more.
- Modern Visitor Centre, museum and model.
- Exhibitions and Events throughout the year.
Glastonbury and Somerset are open for business!
While the community is rallying round those on the Levels who continue to suffer from the floods, the rest of Somerset is
welcoming visitors including here at the Abbey. We look forward to seeing you soon.